Scroll to the bottom of the page for the competition entry form.
Read a pre-competition story here. Underground by Springbank students.
Read the selected February story here. Lucy’s Adventure at Les Prevoyants de L’Avenir, Paris 1893 by Zoe Watson.
Closes 10th of every month and the guest author’s favourite story will be published at the end of the month.
- Aimed at students in Years 7-10 (approx ages 10-14) although I will accept entries from either side.
- Each entry must include the student’s name, age, school (or homeschool) and the title of the story.
- Stories can be on any topic but must be 750 words or less. Stories longer than this will not be read so please do a word count before submission.
- There is no payment (nor prizes) for stories and no guarantee a story will be published on the blog.
- The story must be the work of the student submitting it. First rights revert to the student author upon publication, although I reserve the right to anthologize material originally published here in electronic or printed format. I will advise if this should be the case so please ensure contact details (email is fine) are supplied with the submission.
- Please submit stories using the form below. This form can also be used for any questions – please insert the word QUESTION in the Story Title box.