At last! Here are the competition details. This is a monthly story writing competition for New Zealand students in Years 7-10. It closes on the 10th of every month and the guest author’s favourite story will be published at the end of the month. Details:
- Aimed at students in Years 7-10 (approx ages 10-15) although I will accept entries from either side.
- Each entry must include the student’s name, age, school and the title of the story.
- Stories can be on any topic but must be 750 words or less. Stories longer than this will not be read so please do a word count before submission.
- There is no payment for stories and no guarantee a story will be published on the blog.
- The story must be the work of the student submitting it. First rights revert to the student author upon publication, although I reserve the right to anthologize material originally published here in electronic or printed format. I will advise if this should be the case so please ensure contact details (email is fine) are supplied with the submission.
- Please submit stories using the form on the Competitions page. This form can also be used for any questions – please insert the word QUESTION in the Story Title box.
Closing date for the March competition is 10 March. I look forward to reading your stories.